Screening test for probiotic bacteria
A probiotics screening test has been designed to efficiently identify and select Lactobacilli probiotic bacteria having a protective activity against the deleterious effect of malnutrition on juvenile growth. Using this screen, a set of robustly functional Lactobacilli isolates has been identified, that impact juvenile growth up to 38% more than currently available public strains. These novel strains represent a great potential to improve and optimize human and animal juvenile growth when confronted to an unbalanced diet (e.g. low protein diet or high sugar diet) but also in the context of a normal diet.
PULSALYS is looking for :
> industrial partners interested in (co-)developing and commercializing this product,
> business profiles interested in entrepreneurship / startup.
In vivo screening test to select efficient Lactobacilli probiotic bacteria, related to growth-promoting activity
- Food industry: functional food (human) and feed (animal), regular consumption, food supplements
- Therapeutic: probiotic therapy, disease prevention
- Novelty : unique in vivo screening test available to identify, select, characterize, compare, and validate the probiotic abilities of bacteria
- Robust : get powerful statistical results, thanks to high sample size
- Cost-effective and time-efficient : short-term results (1 month)
Patent pending FR1454422 & FR1651170, PCT extended